· Patients should be greeted in a friendly and welcoming manner in all circumstances
· Patients have the right to confidentiality
· Patients should be seen within 30 minutes of their appointment time. As these are specialist clinics some patients may require longer consultation time. However if there is likely to be a delay patients should be informed.
· Patients should be treated with courtesy by the consultants, doctors and all other Health Care Professionals and employees of the Community Specialist Clinics
· Community Specialist Clinics will provide patients with information leaflets
· Patients have the right to ask questions about the condition they have been referred to and treatment/procedure options available and to have these questions answered
· Patients can refuse any treatment/procedure if they wish. When patients visit a doctor, this usually implies consent to examination and treatment. The doctor cannot act against specific instructions, so you should tell the doctor about any treatment/procedure you do not want.
OUR EXPECTATIONS FROM YOU; THE PATIENT:
- Treat staff with courtesy
- Attend your appointment on time
DO NOT WASTE APPOINTMENTS – please keep us informed if you are unable to attend by giving us reasonable notice(48 working hours)
Occasionally things do not go as smoothly as we would like. If you have a complaint, or suggestion, please speak to a member of staff.